Calling all CFRE future candidates!
CFRE International offers the only internationally-recognized baseline professional credential for philanthropic fundraising executives. Why certify? Among some of the top reasons: certification grants you more credibility and it can improve career opportunities and advancement.
Through the CFRE credential, CFRE International supports and encourages fundraising professionals to aspire to the highest standards of professional competence and ethical practice in serving the philanthropic sector.
What’s involved? An online application and computer-based exam.
To apply for your CFRE you need:
• A minimum of five years of professional fundraising experience
• Documentation of professional performance, continuing education, and volunteerism
How do I start the process?
• Visit the CFRE International web site at www.cfre.org and begin completing your online application
• Review the upcoming exam schedule http://www.cfre.org/exam-schedule.html and select a date to schedule your written exam
• Join a Golden Horseshoe CFRE Study Group (optional)
Our advice to you
Many CFREs cite the hardest part of getting certified is not necessarily the test: it’s the application. Whether you're planning to take the exam in a few months or a few years, begin keeping track of your activities NOW! And make sure to keep paper copies from all of your conferences and continuing education seminars. Note: CFRE randomly audits applicants to confirm their application details.
The computer-based exam is a 225-question test covering six core knowledge areas related to the fundraising practice. The exam tests knowledge and skills you use on-the-job. Each candidate is allowed a maximum of four hours to complete the exam.
Please contact CFRE International:
300 N Washington Street, Suite 504
Alexandria, VA 22314 USA
703-820-5555 ext. 202 / email@example.com