Chamberlain Scholarship Award
Recipient of the 2020 Chamberlain Scholarship
(deferred to 2021 due to COVID)
The AFP Golden Horseshoe Chapter is pleased to offer annually the opportunity to attend ICON, the most-recognized international fundraising conference. We offer one scholarship valued at $2,000 to one lucky Golden Horseshoe Chapter member. In addition, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy Chamberlain Scholarship Program covers the recipient's registration fee, less $10 USD.
The Chamberlain Scholarship Program honors Ralph Chamberlain, CFRE, a long-time fundraiser and supporter of AFP. Mr. Chamberlain helped to form one of the organization’s first chapters, the Greater New York Chapter and served as both chair of the association and the foundation. Because of his long-time support of the Foundation for Philanthropy, the AFP Board of Directors renamed the Conference Scholar Program in 2000 to honor Mr. Chamberlain’s memory and commitment to the fundraising profession.
In 2021, ICON takes place in Minneapolis, June 28-30. This event is one of the largest fundraising conferences in the world, and offers over 100 sector-shifting sessions, covering extensive fundraising topics. Due to COVID-19, this conference is being offered virtually, as well. To learn more about the conference, CLICK HERE!
APPLICATION CRITERIA for Chamberlain Scholarship:
- Candidate is a member in good standing of the AFP Golden Horseshoe;
- Candidate has at least 5 years of full-time experience as a professional fundraiser;
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional OR if candidate is an executive director, 20% of their time must be devoted to fundraising OR if candidate is a consultant, 50% of their time must be conducted on behalf of other organizations to fundraise;
- Candidate must agree to complete an evaluation report at the conclusion of the Conference.
- Have never attended an AFP international conference
Please check back in August for details about Chamberlain Scholarship opportunities for 2022.
For inquiries, contact:
Megan Henshaw, MNPL
Director, EMC, Scholarships & Bursaries